by Marianna Gol
This salad is great as a condiment on sandwiches, dip (in place of salsa) or little side dish with meat.
- 2 med. onion, chopped and soaked in 2T. of vinegar
- 3 med. tomato, peeled and chopped
- 2 med. roasted red pepper, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup tomato paste
- handful parsley, chopped
- half of the amount of parsley coriander, chopped
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1T. salt
- 4T. olive oil
- Place red peppers on a baking tray and put into a preheated oven. Roast for 30 minutes on 200˚C. Don’t worry if the skin burns. Meanwhile, chop the onion and place it in vinegar to soak.
- Chop tomatoes and greens.
- When the peppers are ready, let them cook, then peel and chop them. Place the juice from the peppers into the mixing bowl.
- Discard the vinegar and add the onion to the mixing bowl. Add tomatoes, peppers and greens. Add tomato paste and oil. Season with salt and pepper. The amount of salt you may need could change depending on the quality of the produce.