by Marianna Gol
- 1 cup fine (No. 1) bulgur
- 1 1/3 cups fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- 2 bunches green onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped parsley leaves (about 2 bunches)
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 3 lg. ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- Put bulgur into a large glass or ceramic bowl, then stir in 1 cup of the lemon juice and 2 cups water. Cover bowl and set aside, at room temperature, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and bulgur is tender (about 2 hours).
- Drain bulgur in a sieve, gently pressing kernels to remove excess liquid. Transfer to a large, clean glass or ceramic bowl and add green onions, parsley, mint, coriander, tomatoes, olive oil, and the remaining 1/3 cup lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and toss well.