by Marianna Gol
- 1 cup red lentils, cooked
- 1 cup black or green lentils, cooked
- 1 lg. red pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 lg. tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 med. red onion, chopped
- 5T. wine vinegar
- 5T. olive oil
- 1 chili pepper, chopped (Optional)
- Cook red and green lentils in separate pots. Red lentils will take about 20 minutes (check to see that they are soft but still a bit al dente) Green lentils will take 35-40 minutes.
Don’t add salt.
- While the lentils are cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl — that would be the dressing for your salad.
- When the lentils are ready drain and add them to the rest of the ingredients while still warm. Mix well. This salad can be served as a side dish or as a main meal.