by Marianna Gol
Easy and very good with chips or as a condiment on a sandwich. The secret of green guacamole that I discovered lays in mixing all the sour components first and then adding avocado. Keeping and avocado pit in the ready mixed avocado will also keep the mixture green.
- 6 avocados (soft, but not mushy)
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves, minced
- (depends on how much you like garlic)
- 1 lg. lime (or lemon), cut in half
- 1 med. tomatoes, diced
- ½ med. onion, diced
- chopped coriander
- 1 tsp. of cumin powder
- 1 diced hot pepper (Optional)
- Squeeze the lime (lemon) juice into a bowl.
- Add onion and garlic, tomatoes and hot pepper, coriander salt and pepper.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove and discard all the pits but one.
- Mash avocados with a fork. You can also use hand blender but don’t over blend it. You don’t want a puree.
- Mix well together. Adjust the seasoning.