by Marianna Gol
This is really a great recipe! It is fast, simple and you usually have the ingredients on hand. You can mix all of the ingredients without a mixer. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes before frying the pancakes. It will make them really fluffy.
SERVINGS: 9 small pancakes | Source: Food.com
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2T. butter or 2T. margarine, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1T. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Beat egg until fluffy.
- Add milk and melted margarine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a heavy griddle or fry pan, which is greased, with a little butter on a paper towel. The pan is hot enough when a drop of water breaks into several smaller balls which ‘dance’ around the pan.
- Pour a small amount of batter (approx. ¼ cup) into the pan and tip to spread out, or spread with spoon.
- When bubbles appear on surface and begin to break, turn over and cook the other side.