by Marianna Gol
5 Servings | Source: Jamieoliver.com
- 5 cucumbers
- 10 black olives, stone in
- 2T. balsamic vinegar
- 3 spring onions
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a lemon
- 5 or 6 sprigs of fresh mint
- ½ a fresh red chili (Optional)
- Run a fork down the length of the cucumber until it’s ‘stripy’ all over.
- On a chopping board, use a knife to chop off the ends.
- Carefully cut each cucumber in half across the middle, then in half lengthwise.
- Use a tsp. to gently scoop out, and discard the seeds.
- Chop the cucumber up into 1cm chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
- Place the olives on a chopping board, squash them with the heel of your hand, pull out and discard the stones, then roughly chop them and add them to the bowl.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions and add them to the bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Squeeze in the juice of ½ a lemon, using your fingers to catch any seeds.
- Sprinkle over a pinch of black pepper.
- Pick and tear over the mint leaves, toss everything together, then serve.